Rally Against Islamo-Fascism at Ground Zero *Updates cont'd!
Here is my photo slide show.
Links to video coming up shortly from Paul Revere Brigade..
So please stay tuned!
So please stay tuned!
It was a nice show of patriotism in New York City from a diverse and dedicated group of people, some who even came in from other states. We got the interest of many tourists and passersby as well.
I met an English family from Manchester visiting Ground Zero who said they can't even fly the Union Jack in their yards, lawns or in front of businesses because it offends members of the Religion of Peace and that you can even get arrested for flying it. Can you believe that? Well, I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that will never happen here in America. *Update: It was brought forward that this is an 'urban myth' in the UK. See comments section for info. *Update: 4/2/07 Apparently it is NOT a myth. A commenter from London has weighed in!
Some tourists were even picking up American flags and getting into the spirit of things!
Okay, I caught a shot of this guy, but I'm not sure he was there for the rally.
Updates coming in moment-by-moment: Sunday, April 1, 2007
Here is the list of speakers who all did a wonderful job getting the message out.
- Joan / CSDL (Coalition for a Secure Driver's License)
- Gayle / NJCIC (New Jersey Citizens for Immigration Control)
- Joanna / NYICE (New York Immigration Control & Enforcement / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Desiree / Surviving family member of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center
- Miguel / You Don't Speak For Me (American Hispanic Voices Against Illegal Immigration)
- Mallory / The David Horowitz Freedom Foundation
- Hope / Get Out The Facts - Which had success recently picketing and challenging the lies and distortions in the off-Broadway play, "My Name is Rachel Corrie"
- Dan / Gathering of Eagles New York Chapter
- Marty / Paul Revere Brigade
- Richard / Hip Hop Republican
- Ibrahim Abdul Mu-min / President of the New York Chapter of the Free Muslims Coalition Against Terrorism
- Christine / Vigilant Freedom The 910 Group
Here is great photo from this slide show taken by another person who was there.
I would also like to thank the German website, Politically Incorrect for linking this story!
*UPDATES: Photos from the other rallies across the country are starting to come in and can be seen here. They really did hang an effigy of bin Laden in Anaheim, CA. Oh my!
And big giant thanks to Charles at LittleGreenFootballs for posting this!