Thursday, June 23, 2011

Political Street Art: The Bradley Manning Traitor Edition - Updated 6/25! - Updated 6/26!

I came across this huge street painting of Bradley Manning in Williamsburg, Brooklyn tonight.

Align CenterHere's a wide shot to show just how big this thing is.

'Hero'? Yeah, some hero. Sworn to defend and protect the U.S. Constitution and gave away national defense information. I call that a traitor.

Speaking of traitors, President Barry is in town today and kicked off his visit at a gala LGBT fundraiser where he talked about his 'evolving' position on gay marriage.


UPDATE! Saturday, 6/25
One of my readers sent me these two below photos early this morning. Someone thought so highly of this 'art' they decided it would be better if it were 'enhanced.'


In an attempt to cover the word 'traitor' that was written across Manning's face, a plastic bag or some sort of tape was placed over it. So my reader took the plastic off and shot the second photo. Hat tip: The Stone Man.

UPDATE! Sunday, 6/26
As I suspected it would be, it was repaired. There was no way the freaks in this area were going to let an image of their idol stand besmirched.


But ... you can still see traces of the word 'traitor' bleeding through the whitewash.

And the blacked out tooth.

5 Comments:

Blogger Watcher said...

Ugh...

June 23, 2011 8:55 PM  
Blogger Urban Infidel said...

Watcher,
That is exactly what I said.

Ugh.

June 23, 2011 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I had an egg.
d.

June 24, 2011 6:22 AM  
Anonymous Kerry said...

Oath? Oh, MY oath? to defend the Constitution, you mean?

Just WORDS... my actions speak louder than my words...


"Let deeds, not words be a man's adorning."

"I will say anything, agree to anything, break any promise
to achieve my ends (for the Third Reich)." Adolf Schicklegruber

June 24, 2011 6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this mural. Every time I walk by it makes me proud and happy. War is a terrible thing and people have a right to see how reckless and violent it is.

September 28, 2012 2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home