Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day Parade New York City 2008

In honor of our brave vets, I went to the Veterans Day Parade on Fifth Avenue today and took a few shots during my lunch break. I was happy to see that there were even more spectators this year than last year's parade, which was just as wonderful.





Saluting the 343 firemen who perished on September 11, 2001.




























































The lady in this wonderful car is the nurse who appeared in the famous photo taken at the end of World War II kissing the sailor in Times Square.


Here is the slide show!

For the 2009 Veterans Day Parade please click here.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, great pics.

November 12, 2008 11:23 AM  
Blogger JR said...

nice pictures thanks

November 15, 2008 6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my! I haven't had the opportunity to go to a parade, for YEARS........and your photos make me feel like I've just been to one :) --and what a fantastic parade to have been to! All those flags just warm my heart......and the smiles you caught, too! Thank you. :)

sincerely,
Ma Sands 11/16/08

November 16, 2008 9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO Glad you were able to get there and capture some of the spirit of the parade on Fifth Avenue!

I was afraid you weren't going to make it this year!

I posted a link in my report.
http://nygoe.wordpress.com/2008/11/12/veterans-day-new-york-city-and-state-2008/

Thanks!!
DanNY

November 16, 2008 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking these wonderful pictures. Those are my boys. There is my heart - marching down those streets.

God bless them. Thanks so much .

November 17, 2008 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats lovely, thanks much

December 09, 2008 7:20 PM  
Blogger Smokey Behr said...

Those pictures could have been taken at nearly any Veteran's Day Parade. All of those elements were in our parade out here on the West Coast. Too bad I was busy trying to get everything lined up for the parade, or I would have taken pictures myself.

December 30, 2008 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home