Sunday, February 12, 2012

CPAC 2012

(click to enlarge)

Sarah Palin came out a little while before her speech to say hello to fellow CPAC goers. Yes, I was that close! It was quite a crowd of people but it was great to see her. She is gorgeous in person.


(click to enlarge)

I expected to see a throng of OWS thugs mobbed around the hotel where the conference was taking place but it looked like the police had cleared them out. There were no disruptions except for the outburst of the #OWS battle cry; 'mic check!' at Palin's speech. If you haven't seen it already there's video coming up.




VIDEOS: Sarah Palin comes out to say hello!



She is amazing!



This was only part of the line waiting to get in to see Sarah's speech. She drew a packed house--standing room only.

(click to enlarge)



All in all, it was a great day and I got to meet a lot of really cool people. Even had a book signed by John Bolton!

Future U.S. Secretary of State? One can only hope!!

Chris Matthews looked as though he'd been through hell.

MORE VIDEO and PHOTOS TO COME!


I spotted these two guys in the lobby and grabbed a couple of shots right before both their signs were quickly taken away. At first glance I thought they might be OWS crashers, but I didn't get to speak with them so I don't know what their story was.

Here's the sign being taken away by security.


* * *

Great Joke at CPAC: Kevin Jackson on a CPAC Tea Party panel said "the Occupy movement has him madder than Janet Napolitano's blind date."



Afterward in the cab to Union Station I caught this small band of Occupiers about a block away. You can hear them being heckled by some people leaving CPAC.

4 Comments:

Anonymous ◄Dave► said...

I am so envious! Great pictures. ◄Dave►

February 12, 2012 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Michelle Obama's Credit Card said...

Nice pictures! You are so lucky to be there.
Thanks for posting.

February 13, 2012 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!

February 13, 2012 5:30 PM  
Blogger Urban Infidel said...

It has long been my dream to get to see Sarah Palin in person, much less get close enough to take a photo. I never thought it would ever happen, but my dream came true.

The excitement for Palin was palpable. The place was electrified.

February 13, 2012 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home