Saturday, December 24, 2011

Manhattan Mini Storage Really, REALLY Hates Rick Perry

(click to enlarge)

On the way upstate today for a Christmas visit I noticed this billboard for Manhattan Mini Storage. It is right at the entrance to the Holland Tunnel in Manhattan which goes to New Jersey. I managed to grab this shot entering the tunnel in a moving car.

I was already aware of and blogged about their subway ad campaign with the jab at Perry.
But a whole billboard downtown? Seriously? The going price for a billboard in the city has got to be at least $100,000.00 or more. Why the overkill on Perry? Is it about his faith? Why not go after Romney, or Gingrich? Or, hey! How about that Ron Paul?

And how many New Yorkers or Jersey-ites do they think would even vote for Rick Perry? Maybe I'm weird, but personally, given an absolute choice right now at this very moment between the current Occupier of the White House and Perry, I'd go for Perry.

If Manhattan Mini Storage were really clever they could come up with at least a hundred storage rental jokes about
Barack the Lazy and his wife,
the Fist Lady.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Glen said...

Maybe I ought to look at Perry closer. Maybe I'm missing something.

December 24, 2011 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Andrew said...

I think I've seen them run a weird anti-Romney ad in the subway as well. Something like "Mitt Romney - That guy couldn't even beat Obama"

I'm not even sure what they are trying to communicate with that.

December 24, 2011 10:13 PM  
Blogger Urban Infidel said...

To all of my wonderful readers,

I wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

December 25, 2011 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not surprised. NYC is full of flaming rectums.

December 25, 2011 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Ben Wrobel said...

@Andrew,

This has bothered me for the past month! What the hell do they mean by that? I live in Washington DC and avidly follow politics. The phrase "That guy couldn't even beat Obama" just puzzles the hell out of me. I see that the whole ad campaign is a series of jokes... but that phrase isn't a joke. I kind of get that they're saying, he can't beat Obama, when beating Obama is the point of the campaign - but that's such a non-joke, I refuse to believe that I'm not missing something.

All in all, I'd say F-L-O-P

January 17, 2012 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home