Sunday, July 11, 2010

Street Art: The UnaBomber is the New Che Edition

When I first saw this I wasn't sure if it was a poster for a local band, just more 'edgy' street art or maybe related to the last appearance of the Unabomber I shot recently. Either way, the mainstreaming of this murderer isn't exactly a settling feeling.

This actually goes a step further. Notice the detail paid to the assembling of what looks like a laptop bomb.



It turned out to be a poster for some music thing around here. These idiots think they are clever, but it is sickening. Here is what their hero did to his fellow human beings.


And just for laughs: Gore or the Unabomber?
(hat tip! JammieWearingFool)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

Odd stuff - thanks for shooting it, but it's still hard to parse.

Frankly, it's bad art, because you can't tell what the artist is trying to say. I grant, the old portrait is iconic, but the additions don't do anything for it.

July 12, 2010 11:51 AM  
Anonymous pat said...

The true colors of the left. Particularly the modern leftwing environmentalist.

July 12, 2010 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw some of these on lightpoles near Bushwick as I was going to an art gallery opening the other night. Have no idea what crappy band they're promoting, nor do I care, personally.

-Gerard.

July 17, 2010 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home